June 21, 2013

Day 1 in Los Angeles

Sort of survived the jet lag, if not, will not be typing my blogpost right now. Decided to start blogging again, because I dun want to flood my FB with short short status and photos. Tot it would be better to do it in blog.

Tried to be got a migraine after me wanting to be hardworking to rehearse my ppt.


 Guessed I am not supposed to be hardworking. After that, had quite severe (in my own assessment) diarrhoea before touching down in LA. I wonder what food is my stomach sensitive to on the SQ flight. Dunked 2 bottles of po chai bills and went to the toilet for 3 times.. maybe its the air that caused the diarrhoea.

Weather in LA is fantastic!! Not to show off to my fellow friends and colleagues in Singapore, but see the clear blue skies! I wonder how long we have not seen such scene already..

 Our room in the University of South California. A very big unit! Mine has 2 bedrooms, with kitchen and living room, and only about 54USD/ night! Much much better than my smallllll.... "apartment" in HK!






Venturing out of the campus area... 

First meal in LA @ Denny's 

 Ordered their Original Grand Slam that comes with 2 pancakes (which i think is better and fluffier that the one i ate in BFF), 2 chicken sauage, 2 eggs and 2 bacon strips. My favourite breakfast combo. IF only I weren't having stomache upset, I'll slurp up that whole plate of food!




My first buy in LA - Hot choco drink and a mug to go with it. (the hostel does not come with any utensils) 


Skies is still bright at 8pm..  =)   If you see hard enough, you can even spot the moon!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice weather n spacious room.weather in sg today (22 june) is better with psi 77 ard 6pm sg time still... nothing compares to the fresh air at your side.and more envious is your room.do u get the room to yourself or u share with others? Wasted with 2 bedroom...haaaa
First time reading your blogs, meaning read earlier input as well.
Your longgggg awaited WISH has come true-wishing for LA conference since 2011.hardwork paid off.
One learning point: everyone reap what he sow.if the harvest is not ripe it just mean the time is not right yet.perserverance is the key.
Do post more pics....

koreen chan said...

wow sky so blue and bright!!!bring some fresh air back to SG.Nevetheless, psi today(22/6) much better,at 77 around 6pm.we are still surviving...haaaa.
First time reading your blog.very inspirational I must say. I am thinking of creating my own blog now.What should I write if I have my own blog....???
Would have to steal a tip from the master of blog...that is YOU!
Sign off.